This is a piece that I used to experiment with writing in the first person. It is the story of what a fly would go through as it struggled to survive the brutal abuse of an average family. I enjoyed writing this piece and hope you enjoy reading it.
Sigh.... Well this sucks.
(One hour
before) "Buzz buzz buzz......." SWAATTT!
I spiral off from the blow, crashing into the window. I pick myself up and try
to fly away but my good wing has a nice little kink in it now. Why must they
always try to hit me? What did I ever do to them? I mean I'm sitting here
minding my own business, just cruising around, and they decide that they want
to hit me? And with a magazine of all things?! Seems like the humane thing to do. Where do they even
get off having their own word that means something so peaceful, yet the
creature itself is so violent anyway? Whatever, my wings feeling better now,
I'll try and fly to another room.
I circled around the living room for
a few minutes (okay maybe it was like half an hour) before I was able to find
my way out. Their dang windows are just way too clean, how much windex do you
have to put on them anyway? Finally I was able to find the opening that lead to
the hallway. I sped for it thinking I was in the clear, then out of nowhere
this massive..... thing.... just swoops in all of a sudden and attacks me. It
was strange looking but in a scary way, like its legs were ten times as long as
its body and its wings were massive. It scared the living s@#t out of me. If it
wasn't for that mosquito that he decided to go after, I would've been a goner
for sure. I finally made it out of the room.
I just
kept going, all the way till the end of the hallway when I saw this amazing,
ice-blue light seeming to illuminate my whole world. It was coming from the
room at my immediate right. I went to investigate. It was the most beautiful
sight I had ever seen, I found myself just involuntarily drawn to the peculiar
light and before I knew it, I was five feet away from the brilliant lamp. I
looked over and saw a moth beelining it to the light, but when he landed, he
lit up like the light and their was this high pitched hissing sound followed by
the moths rapid decent to the floor below. He didn't pull up and just crashed.
It took all my will power but I managed to pull myself away
from the pretty blue light and fly back down the hallway to another room.
There I
just chilled on the wall, enjoying the peaceful tranquility of rest. I remained
their for a good 20 minutes enjoying the safety of the smooth wall. A young
girl was in her room doing home work and listening to her music. I thought I'd
go and be friendly so I began my decent to her. This was my final mistake. She
immediately began to shoo me away and swing her book at me like some homicidal
maniac. Trying to avoid another deadly conflict, I tried to fly back to the
wall as quick as I could, but the crazy lunatic actually got up and chased
after me. I felt a sharp pain in my rump like the whole world just slammed into
me. Again I found myself spiraling away, only this time there wasn't a hard
window to crash into it was something a whole lot softer and a whole lot worse.
I found myself stuck in the most intricately woven web imaginable. It made Charlotte's
web seem like the work of an amateur's work. To make matters worse, not two
inches away was the artist of this tapestry. A big 'ol momma that looked
hungry, and as she descended towards me (or I might as well call myself dinner
at this point) I thought to myself, "Well this sucks."
No comments:
Post a Comment