This is a piece
that we were encouraged to write by our teacher. She had us look up the meaning
of our names and reflect on how much they compare to our actual personalities.
I found this exercise to be strangely ironic and kind of entertaining. I hope
you will be entertained as well.
If you look up Jason Paul you’ll find that my first means
Healer and my middle name means Noble, so I guess you could say that I’m
supposed to be a noble healer. This couldn’t be further from the truth. First
off I can’t stand the sight of blood and every time I see a needle chills race
down my spine. I literally have to leave the room whenever someone’s being
opened up in a T.V. show.
I wasn’t even supposed to be a Jason Paul; I was supposed
to be a Jaclyn. This was much more
fitting as it means honest, benevolent, brilliant and often inventive, full of
high inspirations, courageous, determined, original and creative. It means that
I’m a born leader. These descriptions hold true to almost all aspects of my
life. I have been made captain every year that I have played club soccer as
well as a season of both high school soccer and volleyball. While I’m not so sure
how honest I am (I guess I’m being honest when I say that), I do maintain good
grades, I’m fairly creative and inventive, and I can be courageous depending on
the circumstances surrounding the situation. I guess this is just God’s way of
showing that I truly am a Jaclyn at heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment